There’s so much you can make with Washi tape. I have become a bit obsessed with it lately. Every time I look at a small roll of Washi tape, I find myself thinking of more ways to use it.
Here is a good example: There is nothing wrong with the ties that come with treat bags, but why not make happier, prettier, and more colorful with Washi tape?
You can use them to tie goody bags for birthday parties. Wouldn’t it be nice to use them on your kids’ snacks or treat bag the first day of school? Such a great way to let them know you are thinking of them!
To make your own pretty ties, you’ll need:
- Washi Tape – ( I use 5/8″ x 32’ rolls)
- Twist Ties
Here’s how to make them:
- Measure the length of your ties.
- Cut the Washi tape a bit longer than your twist ties. (Cut as many as you need all at once; that way, you have your tape pieces ready.)
- Place cut Washi tape on a flat surface, sticky side up. Then place the twist tie along the center of the tape and carefully place another piece of Washi tape sticky side down on top.
- Trim the ends to make them even, and there you go! Beautiful, personalized ties!