Making More Friends Giveaway
Did you know that we started posting in January 2012 but didn’t tell anyone until June 2012? Does that mean our blog is almost a year and a half old or just a year old?
Either way, to celebrate, we are giving away two prizes:
- A one year subscription to Sweet Paul Magazine
- A Sweet Paul Magazine Bundle – This bundle includes a copy of the Sweet Paul Kids issue plus a copy of Sweet Paul Summer
Here are the details:
2. Subscribe to Made In Our Kitchen. After clicking this link, you will find Made In Our Kitchen’s Feed Burner page. Choose your reader and click “Add” once you see the RSS Feeds window. You can also subscribe to Made In Our Kitchen by email. Once you subscribe, you will receive an emailing confirming your subscription. Leave me a comment letting us know you did so.
A few more things…
–This giveaway is open to USA residents only and will run until Friday, 07/15/13 at 11:59 pm EST.
–Two lucky winners, who will be picked out of a hat, will be announced on 07/20/2013. Don’t forget to leave us your email address. Winners will be notified via email. (We will not share your contact information with anyone.)
–The winners will have until 07/30/2013 to claim the prize.
–Do you have more friends who love to cook? Great! Let your friends know about this giveaway.
Adapted from Sweet Paul Magazine, Summer 2011
Makes 4 8oz Jars
- 4 cups whole sweet cherries, rinsed and pitted
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 tablespoon brandy
- 1 teaspoon powdered pectic
- 3 1/2 cups sugar
Place cherries, lemon juice, lime juice, brandy, pectin and sugar in a heavy large pan over low heat and cook, stirring, until the sugar is dissolved. Let me mixture simmer uncovered for 25 minutes and stir mixture often.
Pour the jam into hot sterilized jars and seal with lids. Place in a large saucepan with a bit of water on the bottom. Cook for about five minutes, remove from heat and let cool at room temperature. They should be ready within 24 hours. Store in a cool place.